Have questions about different universities or michlalot?
Yad L’Olim has representatives at the following institutions:
Bar Ilan, Hebrew University, Herzog, IDC, Machon Tal, Michlelet Ort Technion, Tel Aviv University
If you don’t see a university/michlala listed here that you want to know about let us know.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Mechinat olim is intended for students starting to learn in Israel who have a high school diploma from outside of Israel. It can be viewed as a great way to transition to studying in hebrew, a refresher on topics you learned in high school, and even a requirement to get into some universities
- Depending on where one is planning on studying they might need to do mechina. To check if you need mechina, go to your school’s website and see if mechina is applicable to you.
- If Mechina is applicable to you, make sure the school you want to go to accepts the mechina you are looking at. Some Universities only accept a mechina associated with the university itself.
- Some universities/michlalaot don’t require mechina, and just require one to have their high school diploma approved by Minahel Hastudentim. Others do not require mechina or the approval of the diploma. All of this can be found on the schools website.
- Milgapo.co.il is a great website where one can check which milga (scholarship) one is eligible for.
- Some scholarships require volunteer hours, so make sure you read carefully what each scholarship entails
- Scholarships from Minahal Hastudentim ( student authority) apply to those who start their studies in the first 36 months of aliyah ( not including the time while in army or sherut leumi).
- Important: international programs are typically above the average tuition of israeli universities and therefore will not be fully covered by the scholarship.
- To open an account for the scholarship, call *2994 to have a password sent to you.