Process to enter Israel
You will gain entry into Israel via the Health Ministry Declaration Form. You will need to complete this form starting 48-hours before your flight.
For those who have traveled to Israel previously, you will know this as the “24-hour pre-flight form.” Once you file this form properly, within minutes you will receive an email from “Do Not Reply-MOH,” which is the record you need to show at the airport. Your green pass will be included. If your vaccination certificate is not digitally validated in Israel, it could take longer to receive this email.
Tips for completing this form correctly:
- Must be completed within 48-hours of a flight; it will be the basis of your entry to Israel.
- Provide specific flight information, i.e., the name of the airline, the flight number and the estimated time that it arrives in Israel.
- You will need a specific isolation location, with a specific street address and house number that cannot be changed later on.
- Upload your vaccination records via PDF. If you have a vaccination record with a QR code, use it.
- If you are submitting a recovery letter along with positive PCR results, or any other multi-page document, you must merge them into one file.
- Make sure all files are under 1MB. If not you may use a free online tool to compress them.
Everyone needs a negative PCR test from within 72 hours prior to takeoff. You must have your negative PCR test and a copy of the 48-hour Entry Declaration Form to board a plane to Israel. These are the only documents you need.
(An exemption from pre-departure PCR test will be granted to those recovered, if at least 11 days and no more than 3 months have passed from the day of diagnosis as a COVID-19 case. Note this exemption is for pre-departure PCR tests only; it is not an exemption from the PCR test on arrival in Israel.)
Protocol for Arrival in Israel
Everyone, bar none, including Israeli citizens, need to take a PCR test upon arrival at Ben Gurion Airport. Please reserve your test in advance with TestnGo.
If you test positive at Ben Gurion Airport, you will be in 10-day quarantine. There are no exceptions and we have no way to shorten your quarantine if this happens.
On your TestnGo form, please use an Israeli cell number. That is where you will receive results of your PCR test. Failure to provide an Israeli cellphone number can become problematic.
Quarantine Rules in Israel
24-hour quarantine: Most visitors arriving in Israel will be held to this level of quarantine, which means that you are released after you receive a negative PCR result from the airport or when 24 hours has passed – whichever comes first.
There will be a 10-day quarantine for those who test positive for COVID at Ben Gurion Airport
There will be a 7-day quarantine for anyone with a valid Israeli passport who is not vaccinated or recovered within six months. Release from quarantine comes with a negative PCR upon arrival in Israel and a negative PCR on day seven.